Welcome & News

Please visit the introduction to this blog.
Slowly updating some bits and posts so do visit them again. Let me know what you think by leaving a comment! :)

Monday, September 8, 2008

Dazzle

Manga ongoing.
Anime 10 episodes complete.

I started watching this one after someone mentioned the clothes or them looking good I think it was. The anime is actually somewhat confusing and distorted so it may not be good to be too interested in the details, cos everything is rather abrupt. I kept thinking I had missed an epi when one guy suddenly joins the group (I’m still wondering if I did…).

I think the girl is drawn very pretty in the anime but lacks oomph in the manga. Maybe it’s cos her startling blue eyes aren’t portrayed in manga. The guy looks younger and better in the manga though. The manga is more comprehensive and easier to understand and the story sequence is rather different from the anime, which I read someone opinioning as very messy and mixed up (and I thought I was the only one). Someone also said the effects and execution weren’t good but to me it was ok.

This doesn’t seem to be a very popular manga and I’m not sure why. Perhaps the stories are disjointed (but then so are many others) and the motivations of the characters aren’t quite apparent. The storyline does get a whole lot complicated, with cloning, possible murder, etc. etc. It's like a murder/thriller/sci-fi/goth/angst all mixed up in one ball. Just wondering where all this is going when I read in vol 9 (I think it was) that the mangaka said this would be around for a long long time....oh dear, I don't think I've the patience for it already!!

My Rating:
Story: C - strange, convoluted, difficult dialogue, boring bits
Art: C+
Recommended? Not too sure. It's not really that interesting at some parts. Very oddly put together.

No comments:

MO's Link Logo

MO's Link Logo
For black bkg...feel free to use or just a text link is also appreciated.

Link Logo for white bg

Link Logo for white bg
Thanks for linking to us

Successfully recommended to the Library

  • Skip Beat Vol. 17

Ins and outs

Would like:
Ultimate Venus Vol.5
A.I Revolution Vols 5 and upwards
Possibly Skip Beat Vol. 16 and upwards

On offer:

1. Pet Shop of Horrors Vol. 4
2. Pet Shop of Horrors Vol. 9
3. Tokyo Pet Shop of Horrors Vol.1
4. Tokyo Pet Shop of Horrors Vol. 2
5. Godchild Vol. 2
6. Godchild Vol. 3
7. Dazzle Vol. 1
8. Dazzle Vol. 2
9. Dazzle Vol. 8
10. Dazzle Vol. 9
11. Special A Vol.5
12. La Corda D'Ore Vol. 6
13. Tail of the Moon Vol. 11 and 13
14. Her Majesty's Dog Vol. 11
15. Mugen Spiral Vol. 1
16. Your and my secret

Email me at mangaobsess(at)simplypeaceable.com if you are interested