Welcome & News

Please visit the introduction to this blog.
Slowly updating some bits and posts so do visit them again. Let me know what you think by leaving a comment! :)

Monday, November 24, 2008

Absolute Witch and Ban Hon Sa

Brief Summary: In a land of magic in which all the powerful witches have disappeared for hundreds of years, four men find and raise an abandoned baby girl who happens mysteriously to be one. Her adventures follow...

Another Korean manhwa that may turn out to be quite long. That, to me, is the only drawback, as I'm not keen on stories that are too slow or convoluted (though I know not everyone is like me, as evidenced by the votes on the right :)).

The pace so far is quite good, and the characters are interesting and drawn very pretty. But I'm not quite a fan of the back and forth timeline either, although it is not as confusing as some. The heroine seems quite headstrong and smart, quick witted, and I hope she will develop even more in that direction.

My Rating:
Story: B
Art: B+
Recommended? So far so good. Interesting storyline.




Ban Hon Sa

Another one from the same author. Interesting and different. The description says "fairy tales" but some of it probably I would classify as horror and supernatural rather than fairy type of tale. Most of the supernatural creatures/spirits seem to come from Korean roots.

My Rating:
Story: B-
Art: B+
Recommended? Was somehow draggy and disjoint at first, but seems to be getting better.


No comments:

MO's Link Logo

MO's Link Logo
For black bkg...feel free to use or just a text link is also appreciated.

Link Logo for white bg

Link Logo for white bg
Thanks for linking to us

Successfully recommended to the Library

  • Skip Beat Vol. 17

Ins and outs

Would like:
Ultimate Venus Vol.5
A.I Revolution Vols 5 and upwards
Possibly Skip Beat Vol. 16 and upwards

On offer:

1. Pet Shop of Horrors Vol. 4
2. Pet Shop of Horrors Vol. 9
3. Tokyo Pet Shop of Horrors Vol.1
4. Tokyo Pet Shop of Horrors Vol. 2
5. Godchild Vol. 2
6. Godchild Vol. 3
7. Dazzle Vol. 1
8. Dazzle Vol. 2
9. Dazzle Vol. 8
10. Dazzle Vol. 9
11. Special A Vol.5
12. La Corda D'Ore Vol. 6
13. Tail of the Moon Vol. 11 and 13
14. Her Majesty's Dog Vol. 11
15. Mugen Spiral Vol. 1
16. Your and my secret

Email me at mangaobsess(at)simplypeaceable.com if you are interested