Welcome & News

Please visit the introduction to this blog.
Slowly updating some bits and posts so do visit them again. Let me know what you think by leaving a comment! :)

Thursday, January 8, 2009

Maria Holic

Brief Summary: Girl enrolls in mission school looking for love...amongst the all female intake. She meets with rude crossdressing Maria and realises soon enough that she is a he.

All this while I was wondering why the female (erm, male) protag looked so familiar and after googling a bit have found out the mangaka, Minari Endo is the same as that for Dazzle/Hatenko Yugi. And just like Dazzle, it has also been made into an anime, although hopefully it won't turn out like the former, leaving the storyline hanging halfway with no further seasons (what were they thinking with that one?).

I don't know if this is actually supposed to be a shojo ai/yuri manga, as it's usually labelled "romance". However, so far the overtones have been quite strong. I'm not into that genre so I'm only sticking around to see what the mangaka's doing with the two protags and curious about the reason why the male protag has to cross dress.

However, having gone through some more of it, I'm not sure it's for me. The storyline is getting stranger and stranger and there are elements I just don't get. I will put it aside. I was hoping for something better than Dazzle, which I think I'll abandon too.

No comments:

MO's Link Logo

MO's Link Logo
For black bkg...feel free to use or just a text link is also appreciated.

Link Logo for white bg

Link Logo for white bg
Thanks for linking to us

Successfully recommended to the Library

  • Skip Beat Vol. 17

Ins and outs

Would like:
Ultimate Venus Vol.5
A.I Revolution Vols 5 and upwards
Possibly Skip Beat Vol. 16 and upwards

On offer:

1. Pet Shop of Horrors Vol. 4
2. Pet Shop of Horrors Vol. 9
3. Tokyo Pet Shop of Horrors Vol.1
4. Tokyo Pet Shop of Horrors Vol. 2
5. Godchild Vol. 2
6. Godchild Vol. 3
7. Dazzle Vol. 1
8. Dazzle Vol. 2
9. Dazzle Vol. 8
10. Dazzle Vol. 9
11. Special A Vol.5
12. La Corda D'Ore Vol. 6
13. Tail of the Moon Vol. 11 and 13
14. Her Majesty's Dog Vol. 11
15. Mugen Spiral Vol. 1
16. Your and my secret

Email me at mangaobsess(at)simplypeaceable.com if you are interested