Welcome & News

Please visit the introduction to this blog.
Slowly updating some bits and posts so do visit them again. Let me know what you think by leaving a comment! :)

Thursday, April 23, 2009

A.I. Revolution Vol. 5 (updated June 2012)


I don't usually review manga by volumes, as personally I like reviews to be about the whole series. I find that if they go volume by volume you no doubt have some spoilers. I also prefer to find out about the whole "feel" of the manga series and whether there is actually some worthwhile plot to follow, as I would prefer not to start something I wouldn't want to finish. In a small poll that was on this blog previously, most people had no preference though.

However, just got Vol. 5 of A.I. Revolution today and was a bit disappointed as I guess I expected something different. The story is again segmented into a few characters' perspectives, and this time there wasn't a story about Sui, the main female protag, which is what I really wanted to read about - i.e. her relationship with Vermillion. Instead, it goes into the unfinished business with At-6, a killer robot, and it still doesn't draw any conclusion at all about this issue. Furthermore, the extra story, a twist of Cinderella, is a bit strange, and of course being a one shot is very very rushed.

I did recommend this issue to the library but I ended up buying it as I guess I was thinking of collecting this series. I say "was" as I'm somehow not that keen after this volume, and plus it's another 12 volumes more, and I don't know if I've moved onto something else by then as the release is super slow.

And sigh, as soon as I took the picture above, my girl jumped on it and made a bit crease in the cover. Oh oh oh....

Update: I have actually stopped looking for this manga as it seems that it is no longer being published in   English. Which is really sad. Am I the only one that likes this manga? Maybe...

No comments:

MO's Link Logo

MO's Link Logo
For black bkg...feel free to use or just a text link is also appreciated.

Link Logo for white bg

Link Logo for white bg
Thanks for linking to us

Successfully recommended to the Library

  • Skip Beat Vol. 17

Ins and outs

Would like:
Ultimate Venus Vol.5
A.I Revolution Vols 5 and upwards
Possibly Skip Beat Vol. 16 and upwards

On offer:

1. Pet Shop of Horrors Vol. 4
2. Pet Shop of Horrors Vol. 9
3. Tokyo Pet Shop of Horrors Vol.1
4. Tokyo Pet Shop of Horrors Vol. 2
5. Godchild Vol. 2
6. Godchild Vol. 3
7. Dazzle Vol. 1
8. Dazzle Vol. 2
9. Dazzle Vol. 8
10. Dazzle Vol. 9
11. Special A Vol.5
12. La Corda D'Ore Vol. 6
13. Tail of the Moon Vol. 11 and 13
14. Her Majesty's Dog Vol. 11
15. Mugen Spiral Vol. 1
16. Your and my secret

Email me at mangaobsess(at)simplypeaceable.com if you are interested